Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My 1st Apple Pie!

The other day my husband and uncle and I went and picked some apples from my mother-in-law and father-in-law's apple tree. I had been reading a blog with recipes on it and came across an apple pie recipe and printed it out. I have NEVER baked a pie in my life! But I want to try new things and so when my mother-in-law mentioned the apple tree I was giddy with excitement over picking apples to bake a pie!
Well my creationg turned out wonderfully! My husband doesn't usually like apple pie (or anything with baked apples) but this pie he loved! He said we'll have to go pick more apples and I will have to bake another one!
APPLE PIE
Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t ground cinnamon
6 cups thinly sliced apples (about 6 medium)
2 T butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 pkg ready-made refrigerated pie crust
DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix white sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir in apples. Turn into pastry-lined 9" pie plate; dot with butter and sprinkle brown sugar. Cover with top crust; seal and flute. Cut slits in top crust to vent. Cover edge with foil; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, 40-50 minutes.

No comments: